...is the process by which we create, discover, learn and grow with those we cherish most.

.

eating sweet rainbows

It's been a fantastic week so far - Aaron started a new job this week, and I've trimmed the WAHM office hours.... freeing up more time to do - well, more of this... 


Where the little leprechauns and I made rainbows of our own - in cupcakes! To help celebrate St. Patrick's Day tomorrow...


The process took about an hour, was messy, and felt like an experiment as they learned to mix colors to make new ones. I would highly recommend making these sweet rainbows for St. Patrick's Day - or any day - when you want to spread some rainbows...


Rainbow Cupcakes


After mixing the white cake-mix, we split the batter into 6 small bowls. {Approx a little less than 1 cp each}. Then using red dye, we added a few drops into the first bowl...


Rainbow Cupcakes


Noah skipped over to green...


Rainbow Cupcakes


We mixed until we got the right shade of each. Surprisingly, it took a lot of dye for each.


Rainbow Cupcakes


And there you have it... Ava knew how to make the orange and purple batter - and they all turned out... well, like the rainbow!


Rainbow Cupcakes


Here is the tricky {and messy} part - adding spoonfuls to the cupcake holders. 


Rainbow Cupcakes



I did the first one {bottom right corner} and quickly realized I didn't have any room to add the purple. So less than a tablespoon each worked.


Rainbow Cupcakes


The kids agreed - because that meant a little bit of rainbow batter would be left for them...


Rainbow Cupcakes


25 minutes later, our rainbow cupcakes popped out of the oven.


Rainbow Cupcakes


And were topped with vanilla icing and colorful confetti - yum!


Rainbow Cupcakes


For more St. Paddy's day ideas - visit me at SavvySource!

4 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHHH they looks fabulous. Please please please give me a easy recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patrick's Day! The rainbow cupcakes look fab, what a great idea! Tell Aaron congrats on his new job!

    Love you guys,
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Corbin! The new job is working out pretty good so far! I like everyone i work with, but I absolutely miss having Zarlacht and the kids to myself all day.

    Regarding the cupcakes... I was able to (almost) have one of them last night! After dinner, I told the kids we would have dessert and there were a few leftover cupcakes. As i took my first bite into (what i thought was) my cupcake, I looked over and Noah was scowling at me. His nose was all scrunched and his forehead was wrinkled up. He was giving me the stink eye! Apparently, the cupcake i chose had already been reserved by Ava. He informed me I was eating Ava's cupcake and I needed to stop IMMEDIATELY.

    whoa!

    I called Ava in from the art room where she was finishing building a tower of sticks, flower stems, and other various things we collected on a walk the day before and asked her about the cupcake. She told me that yes... it was hers. But, she said, I could finish it if i wanted and she would eat the other one. I love how Noah was looking after her sister and how Ava was willing to part with her cupcake in exchange for one with less frosting.

    Thanks Zarlacht for making them! They tasted as good (or better) as they looked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Giozi - the recipe is actually really easy - use what ever white cake mix you have on hand - the trick is in the coloring of the batter!

    Thanks Corbin! Happy St. Paddy's Day to you guys!

    Aaron, now that you have your new job away from home, we regret that you can't partake in our sweet tooths and cravings to make bizarre things like this. But hey - now we have great stories like this - That is too cute about Noah defending Ava's cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing - I will respond to your comment here as well so check back! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...