...is the process by which we create, discover, learn and grow with those we cherish most.

.

planning for valentine's day



Last week I contributed to the national parenting website, Savvy Source, on Celebrating Valentine's Day with Preschoolers. Check out the article here for simple ideas on how to celebrate and teach our children about the importance of friendship and caring.

While searching for more craft ideas, I came across some sites here, here and here.

I imagine we'll start crafting today since we're snowed in again (did I actually just type that about Texas?) Yep, the snow is quite romantic now that we have the fireplace on. Some scissors, construction paper and gold glitter may do us all some good today. Plus, it's always nice to think of "I love you's" and write cards to our loved ones.

So while I'm thinking and planning how this year's Valentine's will go, I wanted to share some lovely bits...




Like these letters - have you seen these? I actually stumbled upon Leafcutter Designs several months ago, and was completely tickled that such a divine postal service exists. Wouldn't it be sweet to send a loved one a tiny letter with a special message like this? More about Lea and her postal service on our Inspired Finds blog.



In the meantime, we'll also need something sweet to snack on while crafting...

This yummy chocolate cake by inner pickle - is at the top of my list. That is, if I can get mine to look like hers... and well, if I do, I think it'll be a sweet golden day for all of us at home. If not, Betty Crocker's Yellow Butter Cake Mix with Butter cream frosting topped with fresh strawberries will be my back up plan.

How about you? How are you getting ready for lovely Monday?

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing - I will respond to your comment here as well so check back! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...