...is the process by which we create, discover, learn and grow with those we cherish most.

.

Oh my valentine

I don't know what it is about V Day that I dread... and yet am tickled by when it's here. Maybe it's because I'm still coming out of the xmas, new year, Ava's birthday.... Maybe.

And somehow, that didn't stop me from stretching the special cupid day to all week.  Like Valentine books on our tables, chocolates set out in candy dishes, heart balloon stickers on our windows... and of course daily crafts... like making and mailing cards...



ValentineCard 

 Repurposing crayons into hearts... [find out how we did ours]


Untitled 

 And pink pancakes with redalicious fruit for breakfast...


ValentinesBreakfast


Even Zoe was spoiled... and received an overdue trim and red bow...


ValentineZoe

And on the day itself, there were flower surprises and cards... lunch with the kids at school, chocolate and pink cupcakes, class parties, and a home party after school - complete with a tablescape of sweets, individual gifts and decor streaming from the light fixture. (Forgot to take a pic of that!) Even dinner was made with heart-shaped pasta!


Valentineflowers


It did get overwhelming. Because I wish I could say it was easy to pull off. But it wasn't. There were several trips (repeated ones) to the store, coordination and scheduling around the kids weekly activities/sports, taking personal time off from work... baking cupcakes at 3am, and so on. A frenzy of sorts... but all welcomed if it solicits moments like these.... 

 Valentinelips


Happy Valentines! xoxo!

1 comment:

  1. If you are going for most excellent contents like me, just visit this web site all the time because it gives quality contents, thanks

    Look into my blog: http://incomemaster.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing - I will respond to your comment here as well so check back! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...