...is the process by which we create, discover, learn and grow with those we cherish most.

.

day trip: fossil rim

I love the outdoors. This place is soo big.

IMG_2133

Noah? Are you asleep? Psst... wake up. You're not going to believe it, but there are giraffes over there... aren't those your favorite? Pssst....

IMG_2314

Fine. Nevermind. I wish I could see it closer, I've always wanted to touch a zebra.

IMG_2181

Ummmm... I don't know where I am or what a zebra is, but this is fun!

IMG_2192

Ok kids. We're making a quick pit stop to the petting zoo.

Cool. Mom - I'll take this one.

IMG_2236

I'll hold out for something better. Do I have to touch it?

Ava, we are at a petting zoo. Pet.

Here's a brush... Now you're technically not touching it...

IMG_2226

Noey - weren't you scared of those goats?

Who, me? Nah...

IMG_2252

Humzi - come with me - Noah thinks he's a wildlife expert now...

Wait! Wait for me! Buddy, she's probably taking you to go see butterflies.

IMG_2296

So what'd you guys think? Nice huh? and worth the drive all the way out to Glen Rose...

Glen Rose - Are you kidding me? I'm ready to take on Africa.

Mom - do you see what I have to put up with?

Yes, we do Ava - and you're the luckiest big sister to have to protect him. So I guess that means you're going to Africa one day too...

IMG_2322

1 comment:

  1. We logged 3 hours of travel in the car for the round trip and it was well worth it.
    I'm not sure if the fact we were in a rental car (Jeep Commander) made it funner, or scarier. We only had 2 real close calls. There was one ram that started hopping up and down in front of us and I was certain it was going to head butt us. A fistful of carefully thrown animal food distracted it enough for us to avoid him. The second close call was when one of the Zebras started to eat the passenger seat. I'm not sure how I would have explained that upon returning the car. (Is that even covered by insurance?)

    The kids did great, and we will definitely go back. Next time we'll go earlier when the animals are hungrier and maybe we lure a goat into the back of the car and take it home. Noah will be happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing - I will respond to your comment here as well so check back! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...